A job opportunity has arisen for the role of Facilities Engineer, reporting to the Facilities and Maintenance Project Manager you will service the GDHA businesses in all site facility related issues.
Job accountabilities include:
- Controlling all day to day site facilities at the Prescot site.
- Supporting, controlling and facilitating works at designated GDHA satellite locations.
- Ensuring effective communication is given to all Facilities service ‘Customers.”
- Effective planning and execution of projects.
- Providing and demonstrating problem solving methods to facilities based technical issues.
- Planning preventative facility maintenance.
- Managing contractors on site
- Managing site regulatory requirements/repairs including Press Inspections, Lift and Crane, LEV, High bay racking etc.
- Owning, maintaining and ensuring compliance with given site insurance checklist(s) and ensuring compliance with Fixed Wiring inspection, Thermographic surveys, Emergency lighting etc.
- Identifying and creating solid, robust and detailed Special Revenue and capex documents to justify spend.
- Cost control and active cost reduction
- Owning and maintaining short term hire inventory onsite including FLT and hired machines/appliances.
- Reporting on and demonstrating metrics for all activities including projects work.
- Detailing and actioning work with Site Facilities Project Manager.
- Owning and maintaining the Open Issue’s list trackers for all tasks.
- Creating and issuing of PO’s.
- Prioritise and manage work for Facilities technicians and ensure standard facilities checks and audits are carried out.
- Creating, modifying and maintaining site AutoCAD documents.
- Procurement of material and parts.
- Be an active and contributory member of the Energy Action team.
- Planning and organising service contracts for multiple sites.
- Reporting on energy usage at multiple locations.
- Creating and reviewing Facilities Technicians RAMS for site based activities and maintaining a register.
- Identifying and executing one energy saving initiative per quarter.
- Accident investigation and reporting.
The successful candidate will be time served in a technical discipline (preferably electrical) and have knowledge and experience of civil project works. You will have excellent communication, project management and organisation skills. You will also have a proactive approach with a determination to succeed. You will have good Microsoft IT Skills and experience with CAD applications.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to Karan Baker, Human Resources Department, alternatively you can email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 8th April 2016